There are several questions that we are often asked concerning tax billing and payments. I have listed some information that may be helpful to you. If you need any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact the Tax Collectors Office.
- Taxes are due February 1, May 1, August 1 and November 1.
- Please submit your payment in either CHECK or MONEY ORDER. Credit card payments are only accepted online.
- Drop off box - For your convenience, we now have a payment drop mailbox for the Tax, Water & Sewer Departments. It is located outside, next to the entrance from the parking lot. Please put your stub and check in an envelope.
- If you have paid off your mortgage and they had previously been escrowing for taxes, please notify this office to ensure that future tax bills are sent directly to you. Please use the advice copy tax bill that was sent to you until new bills are issued.
- You do not have to send the complete bill when mailing your payment, you can send in the stub only and use your check as a receipt.
- There will be a $20.00 charge for a returned check.
- Please read the back of the tax bill, it contains information that can be of value to you and it may also answer some of your questions.
* The tax rate is made up of the school tax, local tax and county tax.
** Re-evaluation year.
Property Tax Due Dates
|1st Quarter||2nd Quarter||3rd Quarter||4th Quarter|
|February 1||May 1||August 1||November 1|
Property Tax Deductions*
|Veteran||Senior Citizen**||Widow of a Veteran||Disabled Veteran||Surviving Spouse of a Senior|
* Some deductions have an income limit, forms can be obtained by clicking the name of the deduction or in the Tax Collector's Office.
** Annual income does not exceed $10,000 after permitted exclusions.
Property Tax Relief Programs